Out With the Old and in With the New sums up the updated and newly-written ‘Namibian Learner’s & Driving Licence Manual‘, which was launched in Windhoek (by Felix Tjozongoro (Group MD NTMS – Namibian Traffic Management Solutions) in an even greater effort to enhance road safety awareness and produce more responsible drivers on our roads.
Namibian learners license question papers
NaTIS Learner’s Licence examination papers
Click here to download
Natis question papers pdf Namibia might assist you to nail your test.
Application Requirements for Learners Licence
The applicant for a learners licence is required to have the following when s/he comes to the driving testing centre:
- Completed application form for learners licence (available at your nearest driver testing station).
- The applicant’s eyes will be tested (visual acuity).
- Certified copy of Acceptable identification of the applicant.
- Learners Applicable fees (N$45 test & N$35 issuing).
- If applicant is older than 65 years, a medical certificate must be submitted on the approved form (available at nearest registering authority).
Application Requirements for Driving Licence
The application for a driving licence and renewal thereof must be made at the driving testing centre and accompanied by:
- Completed application form for driving licence (available at your nearest driver testing station).
- Certified Copy of Acceptable identification.
- Applicable fees (N$110 test & N&150 issuing)
What are the Codes & Categories of Learners Licences in Namibia?
- Code 1: Motorcycles
- Code 2: Motor vehicles of which the tare does not exceed 3 500kg and minibus, bus, or goods vehicle for which gross vehicle mass (GVM) does not exceed 3 500kg.
- Code 3: Motor vehicle for which the tare exceed 3 500kg
What is the Namibian age restriction for Learners Licence?
- Code 1: Must be 16 years or older for Code A1 Driving Licence; and 17 years for Code A Driving Licence
- Code 2: Must be 17 years or older
- Code 3: Must be 18 years or older
Period of validity of Learners Licence in Namibia is 18 months from the date of issue.How long is the learners period for learners licence.
- Code A1: Motorcycles for with an engine cylinder capacity not exceeding 125 cubic centimeters.
- Code A: Motorcycles with engine cylinder capacity exceeding 125 cubic centimeters.
- Code B: Motor vehicle with which the tare does not exceed 3 500kg.
- Code BE: Articulated motor vehicle with the tare, gross vehicle mass (GVM) and gross combination mass (GCM) that does not exceeding 3 500kg including the drawn vehicle (trailer).
- Code C1: Motor vehicle with a tare or gross vehicle mass (GVM) that exceeds 3 500kg but not 16 000kg.
- Code C: Motor vehicle with a GVM exceeding 16 000kg, with a trailer’s GVM not exceeding 750kg, but exclude an articulated motor vehicle.
- Code C1E: Articulated motor vehicle which the GVM exceeds 3 500kg but not 16 000kg; combination of vehicle and a trailer of the GVM does not exceed 750 kg, but the gross combination mass of the drawing vehicle does not exceed 16 000 kg.
- Code CE: Articulated motor vehicle of which the GCM of the truck-tractor exceeds 16 000 kg; combination of a motor vehicle of which the GCM exceeds 16 000 kg and trailer which the GVM which exceeds 750 kg.
The Age Restriction for Namibia Driving Licence
- Code A1: 16 years
- Codes A, B, C1, C, C1E, CE: 18 years
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?